Vision: The vision of the Victory Fellowship Youth Ministry is to be a community of students growing in Christ-likeness, actively involved in the life of the church, helping others to know and experience the life-changing victory that comes from a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Mission: The mission of the Victory Fellowship Youth Ministry is to come alongside families with junior high and high school students and help provide the necessary foundation of how to have a relationship with Jesus and how that relationship affects their everyday life.
Youth Ministry Core Values:
– We value GOD’S WORD: Our desire is to live according to what the Bible teaches and so everything we teach and aim to live by will be Biblically based and grounded in God’s Word. ~ All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
– We value SPIRITUAL GROWTH: Our desire is to come alongside students to encourage and support them in their faith. ~ To prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Ephesians 4:12-13
– We value OUTREACH: Our desire is for students to be able to share their faith with those around them both in word and in action. ~ Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. Matthew 28:19-20
– We value COMMUNITY: Our desire is for students to experience the love and grace of God in healthy relationships within the church that provide encouragement, support and safety. ~ So that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. 1 Corinthians 12:25-26
– We value FAMILY: Our desire is for parents to be actively involved in the spiritual growth of their children with the youth ministry playing a supporting role. ~ Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They will be a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. Proverbs 1:8-9
– We value FUN: Our desire is for students to want to be here and to be excited to come to church because they know they will have a good time. ~ Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:2-3
– Sunday school: We plan to equip students with the essentials of the Christian faith.
– V-Life: We plan to provide a space where students can fellowship with one another in both large and small groups while learning how their relationship with Jesus Christ impacts their everyday life.
– Retreats: We plan to give students the opportunity to “unplug” from the busyness of life and get away to spend an extended amount of time with God.
– Mission trips: We plan to bring God’s love and the good news of Jesus Christ to places beyond our church walls.
– Summerfest: We plan to utilize the free time of summer vacation to have fun outings and activities that will provide opportunities to invite friends as well as strengthen the relationships within the youth group.
For more info, contact Pastor Kevin.